We are looking for an experienced Events Manager for an international gallery with multiple London locations. The gallery are renowned for their tailor-made events which support and promote gallery activity, engaging audiences throughout the art world and beyond. This new role will be responsible for planning and managing the gallery programme which focuses on Artists and Exhibition celebrations, client development events and art fair activity. The successful candidate will have experience managing multiple concurrent events, each with different needs but all united under one brand. They will also have experience in engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
The Events Manager will manage the Events Coordinator.
The Event Manager will be responsible for managing events from start to finish throughout the gallery Calendar
- In consultation with Director of Events and key stakeholders (internal and external), create and define the Event Brief, setting event parameters.
- Working to the Event Brief, compile in depth venue research, presenting options based on the size and style of the event whilst also in keeping with the gallery brand.
- Manage all aspects of each event including venue selection/hire, engaging vendors, managing guest lists and controlling budgets. Escalate any problems to Director of Events as necessary.
- Engage on and negotiate on contracts and budgets with external contractors.
- Attend gallery events to ensure smooth management and troubleshooting any problems as they arise.
- Maintain Event Calendars to ensure it is accurate and up to date.
- Collate and compile guestlists, working with colleagues across departments.
- Oversee the invitation process from design to mailout and RSVP logging for multiple concurrent events.
- Manage and keep multiple guest lists up-to-date, providing quick, accurate information to key colleagues regularly and upon request.
- Provide event related tasks, booking venues, liaise/ work with contractors/ suppliers, draft gallery checklist for staff etc.
- Ensure full risk assessments are completed and reviewed.
- Oversee the integration of updated CRM and Mailchimp into the department.
- Produce, compile and maintain event budgets as defined by the Events Director.
- Maintain departmental financial records, including tracking POs/invoices.
The person will need to be calm under pressure but also energised with a sense of proactivity in delivering events at global standard for a commercial or cultural organisation. They will have a flexible attitude, able to manage updates in real time with a sense of urgency. This person will be a positive team player who can cater to different departmental needs but always have an eye on the events aims and company priorities.
- Experience of managing events under minimal supervision, including managing multiple stakeholders and vendors.
- Significant experience of managing all administrative aspects of event management.
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders, vendors and colleagues.
- Excellent attention to detail even when working to tight deadlines.
- Excellent, relevant IT skills including significant experience of MS Office (particularly Excel), Mailchimp and CRM
- Experience of managing events in a creative organisation.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure but also energised and proactive.