Our client, an established artist with a studio in New York, is seeking an Executive Assistant to join their small supportive team, for all round administrative and operational support to the Artist, Studio Director, and Director of Operations. This is a great role for an organised and proactive individual, ready to turn their industry experience to a new challenge.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Studio Assistance: Runs studio errands for the artist, assist Studio Director with communications and outreach, liaise with Studio Director and Studio Office Assistant with any tasks that may overlap with studio workflow. Assist Director of Operations with administration related to human Assist with budget tracking, invoicing, expense reporting, and coding for the artist and studio leadership.
- Registrarial and Archivist Assistance: Assist Studio Director with artwork and project-focused tasks, including upkeep of the studio database, coordination with vendors (photography, artwork storage), maintaining project records and communication for exhibitions, and other tasks as needed.
- Assist with Project Coordination: Understand current team workflow and deadlines for projects as assigned by the artist and Leadership team, assist in creation of project schedules, Monday boards, create meeting agendas and take notes in meetings, distribute notes and follow up on action items, manage guest lists and outreach lists for all projects with project team leads.
- Assist Executive Leadership and team as needed, including assisting with daily correspondence on behalf of the artist. Maintain studio address book with Office Assistant. Receive, sort and flag incoming mail for the artist and the Studio before sending to the accounting team.
- Calendar Management: Coordinate and prioritise the artist’s calendar for all professional engagements, including scheduling appointments, meetings, etc. Work closely with the Studio Director and House Manager to manage the artist’s professional calendar and ensure the artist is on time for meetings and appointments. Communicate daily schedule needs and changes to the artist.
- Travel Coordination: Coordinate and manage travel for the artist, Studio Director, and Director of Operations. Create detailed itineraries, handle travel bookings, make reservations, and build travel budgets for the artist and the studio. Create reports ahead of travel and meetings as necessary. As needed, liaise with House Manager to ensure the artist’s professional and personal travel and meeting calendars align. Make changes when needed while the team is traveling and communicate cancellations, delays, or other issues when (This includes all aspects of travel i.e. cars, hotels, reservations, restaurant and personal activities, and airport escorts.) Check-in the artist and studio team and share boarding passes physically and digitally. Manage travel calendars (and keep up to date) for the studio team.
- Event Coordination: Assist with studio events and studio visits in coordination with the artist and Studio Director, team lunches, external visits, and staff parties, host visits as assigned by Studio Director, manage orders/rentals for all event items, schedule and manage event vendors, managing guest lists for events when needed.