Our client, an international art gallery with a thirty-year-history and over 45 internationally renowned artists, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to the General Management.
The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative and operational support to the General Management of the gallery, delivering a confidential and highly sensitive executive support service, managing selected projects and developing trusted relationships with internal and external colleagues, clients and stakeholders. They will coordinate all meetings, travels and appointments, and support the General Management in communications with clients, partners and artists. They will also monitor all external and internal requests to the General Management, and undertake diverse research topics if required.
Fluency in German is required for this role.
- Be responsible for the management of a complex and confidential diary, making decisions based on proactive research and specialist understanding of relative priorities at different times, including regular briefings of upcoming schedules and priorities
- Manage all incoming requests on behalf of the general management, prioritising incoming correspondence and maintaining a strong and accurate email and printed filing system
- Support the General Management by undertaking research projects, or contributing to running special projects as requested and appropriate
- Compose and review communications, including correspondence, in German and English (French is a plus)
- Carry out all the duties and responsibilities in a professional manner, with respect of confidentiality and with due regard to the importance of the role and the consequences of one’s own actions for the success of the gallery
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities, when requested, which are commensurate with this role
- Several years of experience in comparable role
- Interest in procedures, priorities and processes of an internationally active, growing gallery for contemporary art
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate confidently, professionally and effectively with a variety of stakeholders including senior management, colleagues, clients, academics and curators in German and English (French is a plus)
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to develop, implement and maintain efficient administrative and operational processes
- Flexible approach to managing workload, with the ability to work on own initiative and to maintain balance among multiple competing priorities
- IT proficient with ability to use standard software packages (e.g., Office365, MacOS)
- Willingness to attend (both to work at and as an attendee) occasional evening/weekend events and to work out of hours on occasion. Extra days will be compensated for by additional holidays