We have an opening for an Exhibitions Estimator for a leading Fine Art Shipping Company.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone with strong logistical, analytical, numerical and communication skills. The purpose of this position is to develop professional and comprehensive tender responses for major cultural institutions for the installation and transportation of high value art works. These tenders typically relate to staging major public exhibitions, gathering works for display that have been loaned from collectors and other institutions worldwide.
• Numerate and excellent attention to detail
• Methodical and structured in approach to tasks
• A Self-motivated and confident team player
• Knowledge of some or all areas of logistics (Road, Airfreight and Sea-freight) would be an advantage
• Awareness of key UK Customs procedures but will receive training
• Approachable and able to make an informed decisions
• Flexibility to travel where necessary
• Able to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
• Experience as project manager/estimator or similar position
• Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
• Foreign language knowledge would be an advantage