We are looking for an Exhibitions Production coordinator to work in a busy artist studio in London.
- Coordinate the production of works for exhibition, ensuring they run to time and budget
- Responsible for collating multiple quotes to ensure fabrication costs are reasonable
- Be first point of contact at the studio to provide accurate timelines, progress reports and completion updates
- Create production schedules, including installation, shipping and site visits
- Manage and track budgets
- Research and manage the procurement of materials for the production of works
- Liaising with subcontracted specialists such as fabricators
- Attend fabrication meetings with artists / technical and exhibition teams
- Attend site visits and review meetings
- Coordinate the movement of works with the registrars
The ideal candidate has:
- Proven experience in a similar role at a gallery or artist studio
- Team player, able to work flexibly within a team environment
- Wide ranging knowledge and understanding of materials and fabrication process including budgets and costings
- Practical thinker, creative problem solver
- Excellent eye for detail
- Clear and effective communication skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and superbly organised.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Art related degree preferred
We encourage candidates who have experience as a fine art technician to apply.