Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London, UK
An internationally renowned artist’s studio is looking for an External Relations and Project Coordinator to join its busy team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Communications & Digital Media
- Acting as the point of contact for all press requests and requests for information coming to the artist, working closely with PR advisers to ensure responses to enquiries and appropriate and timely release of press materials
- Providing approved images, video and copy for press purposes – this includes some copy writing and editing
- Overseeing journalists and broadcasters coming into the studio, often in tandem with PR advisers
- Updating the studio website with information on upcoming exhibitions and studio
- Ensuring the website is online and up to date with new artworks, exhibitions and news
- Managing the studio social media accounts – mainly Twitter and Facebook – proactively creating and checking content for release on these channels
- Participating in and contributing to press strategy meetings with the studio Director, artist and external PR advisers
- Creating and sending out studio news to the mailing list (MailChimp). Keeping the mailing list current and up to date
- Overseeing digital and physical storage of press clippings on the studio shared drive
External Relations: Client liaison, sales support and event management
- Comfort in speaking to patron groups, collectors, clients and VIP about the artist’s work during studio visits
- CRM data management
- Email communications including liaising on either the director or artist’s behalf with galleries, collectors, advisers, art handlers, the fabrication manager and/or in house accountant where required
- Assistance with, and strategic planning in respect of client relations
- Preparing sales proposals
- Making arrangements for ad hoc studio organised events – this requires booking caterers, choosing menus (with the artist and Director), sourcing lighting and music (where appropriate) and working with host venues to ensure all is in place for the event to run smoothly. For studio events this requires liaising with the Facilities Manager to ensure building security and smooth running of studio
- Working with host institutions and galleries creating joint guest lists and arrangements for joint dinners.
- Creating guest lists from the studio database, sending out personal email invitations and closely monitoring RSVP’s. Creating dinner plans.
- Dealing with incoming inquiries for example Project proposals, Press, Images, Charity
- Working with the Head of Exhibitions and Studio Manager to produce and edit copy for exhibition and project catalogues and press releases
- Programme coordination – overview and dates planning:
- Arranging weekly studio team meetings, writing notes and monitoring follow through on actions.
- Updating a project planner and the studio diary with dates of shows, projects and key milestones.
- Arranging project catch-ups with relevant members of the team and preparing agendas to work through.
- Allocating responsibilities to team
- Strategic planning
- To help ensure objectives are met and best outcome achieved
- Helping keep the studio database (FileMaker Pro) up to date with project details such as dates, key contacts, press releases and project descriptions