We are recruiting for a Fair Director for a new Luxury Fair, launching in Paris. The person in this role will be responsible for setting the strategic artistic direction of the fair so that it becomes the business to consumer destination for collectors, new clients and investors.
The Fair Director will form strong relationships with international organisations. You will represent the fair both internally and externally, leveraging resources to ensure that the fair can achieve the vision of the Director, shareholders and investors. You will be expected to take a leading role in contributing to revenue generation for the fair.
An essential requirement of the role is to have proven experience as a project manager with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills. The Fair Director works collaboratively with colleagues who carry fair-wide responsibilities – including managers and their teams in Learning, Visitor Experience, Marketing, Digital Communications, Finance, Partnerships and Exhibitor Development.
What you will bring to the team:
- A track record of developing an innovative programme of exhibitions of different scales, and a knowledge of innovative exhibition strategies.
- We need an inspiring artistic and curatorial leader to provide leadership, creativity, innovation, and collegiality across the fair someone who likes and is liked by, designers, and peer luxury brand
- Awareness of equality and diversity issues as they affect major international fairs and a track record of working with diverse artists and audiences, leading with integrity and credibility.
- A convincing and persuasive communicator, able to influence and negotiate with senior stakeholders, sponsors, and external agencies/stakeholders.
- You must relish teamwork and collaboration and understand how to nurture a varied team and support a wide range of other specialists to thrive.
- Someone who embraces commercial opportunity as part of artistic thinking
- A savvy, emotionally intelligent leader, who is exciting and fun to work with.
- Personally resilient and optimistic; capable of motivating themselves and others.
- A person with interest in the global luxury market ecology and in global reach allied to deep local impact.
- Demonstrable financial and commercial skills, with commercial acumen and experience of rigorous budget management.