Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on experience
Location: London London, UK
A unique opportunity for an experienced Finance manager to work for a dynamic and fast growing international arts communications agency based in central London. Clients include museums, galleries, art fairs, major corporates and foundations supporting the arts and inspiring individuals in the cultural sector.
The role of Finance and Business Manager will oversee the group financial management for all offices with particular emphasis on delivering day-to day management and delivery for all financial, forecasting, budgeting, accounting and compliance work for the London office.
Accounting and financial
- Manages the monthly management accounts for all offices in a timely way, flagging any concerns.
- Liaises with the Management Accountants for the preparation of the yearly company accounts
- Manages the invoice schedule for the London office, ensuring the monthly invoices are accurate ahead of the monthly meeting for sign off and issued as soon as possible.
- Keeps an accurate record of all invoices issued and contract end dates and chases outstanding invoices to ensure everything is paid promptly and flags in good time if there are any concerns over payment by a client so an action plan can be put in place.
- Manages the VAT return
- Manages the payment of all London and company-wide bills
- Manages the London expenses process
- Collates the monthly timesheets prepared by the Operations team
- Prepares the financial element of the monthly London board report and prepares and attends the monthly board meeting.
- Ensures the financial and operational-related office policies are reviewed annually and updated as required and any changes are communicated to staff in the most effective way.
- Plans and tracks any individual budgets as requested including director’s budgets and staff entertaining so that they are up to date.
- Works closely with the MD to forward plan financially and forecast and set budgets.
- Advises other offices on issues relating to finance and accounting as required.
Manages the new business sign up process including preparing and issuing contracts and subcontracts, ensuring contracts are signed by the clients and then countersigned and filed.
Manages licensing and business compliance.
- Manages insurance policies and leases
- Works with the relevant teams to ensure financial planning for major client events / trips is in place in good time including communicating expense deadlines in good time.
- Draft the relevant business sections of the monthly London board report.
Maintains a full understanding of the company’s clients.
Communicates with other teams to ensure joined-up Company communication.
Is an enthusiastic ambassador for the company.
Attends company and business focused brainstorming meetings and away days as required