Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Depending on experience
We are looking for a Finance Director to join an small dealership and appointment only gallery based in Mayfair.
The successful candidate will oversee all financial duties with respect to the business. They will be responsible for the maintenance of monthly management accounts, the financial/tax set up for the dealership and work with the directors on financial strategy for the business. They will have an in-depth knowledge of UK tax law and will be comfortable leading the business on financial decision making. The sales of the business are small in volume but very high in revenue, and given that the sales are made globally, each transaction needs careful planning. The candidate must be comfortable with implementing new systems and acting in an advisory capacity regarding business structure and growth.
- Oversee and be accountable for the finances of the gallery
- Work closely with the other Gallery Directors to forward plan financially and forecast and set budgets.
- Financial management of team, setting budgets and monitoring expenditure
- Produce sales invoices, control sales and purchase ledger
- Monitor artwork sales and purchases
- Responsible for with payroll, including individual pension schemes.
- Credit Control
- Preparation of the yearly company accounts
- VAT accounting
- Manage day to day banking and cash management activities for the team
- Manage the bank account to ensure there is a healthy bank balance and that cash-flow is maintained at all times
- Set up financial and accounting meetings as required and liaising with clients and suppliers
- Responsible for the relationship with the bank/financial stakeholders
- Has significant experience of a similar role with bookkeeping and accountancy duties in a similar sized or bigger organisation
- Has great attention to detail
- Has a proactive ‘can do’ approach to working
- Handles all aspects of their work in a professional, positive and discreet way, handling confidential information sensitively
- Is willing to be a team player working in a small, friendly team
- Has a good understanding of the gallery’s clients
- Communicates with other team member to ensure joined-up company communication
- Is an enthusiastic ambassador for the Gallery