We are looking for a part-time Finance Manager for an established contemporary art gallery based in London. The role would suit someone who is qualified, or part qualified who is looking for a part-time role Tuesday to Thursday. The successful candidates should ideally have art world experience.
Duties and key responsibilities:
- To make sure all the gallery’s financial systems are kept up to date, to include extensive use of Art Logic, Excel and an understanding of Xero.
- Maintain artist payment records and debtor reports.
- Collate sales information and prepare budget reports as required to include art fairs and gallery exhibitions.
- Manage general overhead and payment records including annual review of costs and related contracts.
- Support all departments to find creative ways to reduce costs.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns and monthly EU sales and reports.
- Manage and control credit card and petty cash expenditure.
- Ensure stock records are up to date.
Regulatory, tax and legal:
- AML/GDPR: Co-ordinate policy and work with Gallery Administrator on compliance.
- Liase with the Gallery Registrar in relation to HMRC requirements to include Duties and Taxes.
- Prepare all information as required by the Gallery’s accountants.
- Legal – keep up to date all records relating to lease renewal and business rates.
- Insurance – coordinate annual review and general requirements.
- Review any art commissioning contracts as necessary.
- Manage payroll , PAYE and pension requirements. The payroll function is provided by an external bureau.
- Manage holiday and sickness records.
- Organise annual appraisal.
- Update Staff handbook.
- Act as general sounding board/ support to gallery owner.