We are seeking a Finance Manager/Private PA to oversee the financial administration of a small high-end art gallery and advisory in Mayfair and the private affairs of the retired Chairman.
The hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm. Extensive experience as Personal Assistant to a HNWI and/or a multi-functional role at a high level in a small business preferable. It is essential that you are an expert user of Excel as you will be using it extensively. A solid ability to understand, collate and present figures is essential.
- Oversight and maintenance of computerised accounting records of two companies. Some prior knowledge of TASBooks, SAGE or similar accounting software is a must, however training will be given on the specific software used
- A good knowledge of VAT and the new export rules as relate to operating an art gallery (TA and Margin Scheme knowledge a plus)
- Extensive record keeping (Insurance documents, sales records etc). Updating log-books, stock and contact databases (in collaboration with the Gallery Manager).
- Analysis of bank statements, credit-card bills, processing invoices, updating statements, and recharging costs and expenses.
- Liaison with landlords and management company of building. Maintenance oversight and booking of outside contractors when needed.
- Holiday management for the team
- Confidentiality, high levels of organization and flexibility, with a positive can-do attitude
- Extensive dictation and ability to format formal emails and letters (no shorthand necessary, but a good typing speed is a must)
- Chairman’s personal diary, including travel requirements (booking flights, private jets, holidays)
- Liaison with household staff at his properties in the UK and overseas
- Medical appointments and doctor’s offices, prescriptions etc
- Insurance management – health, property, life, vehicles
- Administration for his various investments and trusts, including monthly cash and investment reports
- Personal purchases, petty cash oversight