Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Depending on experience
Location: Buckinghamshire UK
Our client a well-established gallery and studio are looking for a finance manager. The role of Finance Manager is a varied and rewarding role operating at the heart of the company, supporting the Chairman and the Gallery Manager. The role is a key member of the Senior Management Team responsible for the day to day accounting and financial management of the business.
- Daily bookkeeping activities including the processing of sales and purchase invoices, making payments and bank reconciliations.
- Prepare management accounts on Xero and ensure accounts show a true reflection of the financial health of the business. This will include inputting and reviewing Xero on a daily basis and entering monthly and year end journals.
- Liaise with Accountants and the Bank in preparation of year end accounts providing all necessary schedules.
- Provide information for Accountants regarding Corporate and Personal Tax Returns.
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures working with the other Gallery to ensure that sales staff receive management information as required including all debtors.
- Be responsible for monitoring insurance policies across the business including ad-hoc reporting and extensions of policy where required.
- Monitor and manage imports and exports in line with HMRC guidelines.
- Complete quarterly VAT returns for all companies.
- Prepare artists financial statements including reviewing budgeted costs and appropriate returns to the artist.
- Monitor the profitability of each artist’s exhibition reporting on overall returns to the Artist and the gallery.
- Manage the HR function of the business including contracts and holiday. (Payroll processing is outsourced)
- Assist the Gallery Manager to manage the stock items within the database ensuring that the stock reconciles to the accounting system.
- Ad-hoc duties and office management within the Studio and support to the Chairman and Gallery Manager.
- A qualified or part qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification or an experienced bookkeeper with 5+ years experience.
- Meet the requirement for a commercially astute, articulate and technically strong employee with the ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels.
- Good communication skills at all levels.
- Prior knowledge of the accounting solution Xero will be an advantage.
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and critical decision-making.
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Energetic, highly motivated, with an enquiring mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success. This will be particularly important in order to drive unity between the geographical sites and to adopt an ‘all hands on deck’ approach at times.