We are looking for a Finance Officer to oversee the various finance functions for a Blue Chip Gallery in Paris. The candidate will work alongside the team in London and have experience working in a gallery as well as have the knowledge of how to sell art in France.
This is a part time role, ideally about 20 hours per week across 5 days but are open to discussion for the right person.
- Ownership of sales invoicing for primary and secondary sales.
- Managing quarterly Sales VAT reconciliations, preparation, and submission of these reconciliations to accountants.
- Manage, guide and lead our Sales team to ensure correct pricing of deals and appropriate financial processes are being used.
- Compile and complete monthly ARR submissions.
- Working with the London office, completion of ledgers from Sales and Purchase.
- Assist with Artist accounting.
- Advise Registrar team on the movement and release of artworks in line with how they have been sold.
- Liaise with Finance Director over any queries.
- Ensure compliance with accounting policies and standards.
- Continuously keep abreast of any changes in financial regulations and legislations.
- Review and post daily sales receipts.
- Working closely on all purchases with the UK team.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Minimum of a few years accounting and finance experience, ideally working in a gallery or other art world organisation.
- French and English speaker is a requirement.
- Analytical approach to work.
- Through attention to detail.
- The ability to develop your own skills and knowledge and you work well under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner.
- Detailed knowledge / understanding of VAT / Tax / TA account.
- Experience of SAGE accounting software (desirable).