Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependent on Experience
Location: East Acton London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fine Art Shipping Coordinator to join a start-up Fine Art Shipping Company based in East London. This is a client facing, office-based position.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years’ experience in a fine art shipping company, or in a logistics role in a gallery and be looking for a step up in their career. They must be ready to learn and willing to take on the challenge of working in start-up company.
The primary aspect of the role is to handle fine art shipments for clients, including local, UK and international transport, installations and storage accounts.
Responsibilities to include:
- Client liaison
- Project management, running files
- Organising shipments and projects by road, ocean and air
- Looking after storage accounts
- Providing estimates and invoicing
- Processing of purchase invoices
- Arranging customs clearance where needed
- Ensuring paperwork and files are completed accurately
- Managing some daily basic office tasks and assist our Director when needed.
- Dealing with our technicians and Warehouse Manager
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Be open to learning on the job
- High standard on customer service with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Competent IT skills in MS Office, MS Excel, MS outlook
- Have an interest in the Art industry
- Team worker
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role would is preferable
- Knowledge of import and export procedures