Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: Dependant on Experience
Location: East Acton London
We have a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Shipping Manager/Office Manager to join a start-up Fine Art Shipping Company based in East Acton, London
The primary aspect of the role is to manage projects for clients, including local, UK and international transport, art fairs, installations, storage accounts as well as managing the office.
Applicants should will have proven experience in a similar position in logistics, preferably as a registrar or transport and shipping administrator in a gallery, auction house, or fine art shipper.
The ideal candidate will be driven and have a willingness to work as a key member in a small and friendly team. This is a rare opportunity for someone to really get involved with an exciting start up venture.
Responsibilities to include:
- Client liaison
- Project management: organising shipments and projects by road, ocean and air, including arranging case making, packing and installation of art works
- Looking after storage accounts
- Providing estimates and invoicing
- Processing of purchase invoices
- Arranging customs clearance where needed
- Ensuring paperwork and files are completed accurately
- Liaising with our technicians and Warehouse Manager.
- Office management: running office diary, HR diary, office supplies and stationary
- Setting up and maintaining administration and company processes
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Strong administrative skills
- Deadline driven
- High standard on customer service with excellent verbal and writing skills
- Competent IT skills in MS Office, MS Excel, MS outlook
- Have an interest in the Art industry
Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in a similar role would be desired
- Experience in a management position would be preferred.