We are looking for a capable and experienced Fine Art / Warehouse Technician to join the studio of an internationally renowned Artist.
The role is based between London and Oxfordshire and the person will be responsible for the framing, hanging, packing and transportation of artworks. They will also be required to condition check works and support the team in the smooth running of the daily studio activities.
Tasks will also include:
- Photographing and condition checking artworks
- Support the team with cleaning artist’s studio and managing stock of supplies, packing materials, etc.
- Checking warehouse environment on a day-to-day basis
- Maintaining warehouse equipment
- Transporting artwork, materials, equipment, furniture etc. between properties and locations
- Proven experience of art handling, including high value and fragile items
- Full UK license with ability to drive Luton
- Experienced in the operation and upkeep of warehouse vehicles (e.g. forklift, scissor lift)
- Experienced in using all tools/machinery associated with the movement, installation and storing of artworks
- Experience in photography and condition checking useful
- Carpentry skills
- IT savvy and familiar with art database software
- Ability to work comfortably on ladders, scaffolding or mechanised lifts
- Experienced in handling paperwork including shipping lists/labels/condition reports
- Must be comfortable interacting with a range of contacts
- Team player
- Self starter
- Problem solver
- Good at multi-tasking