Contract Type: Part-time
Job Type: Other
Pay: Dependent on experience
Our client, a busy artist studio in north London, is looking for a freelance production manager with a broad technical skill base to join a small team for approximately 2/3 days per week.
Responsibilities and skills include:
- Managing and assisting diverse sculptural fabrication: working to a high level of precision on woodwork, resin casting and AV installations
- Sourcing materials and researching best processes for a range of artworks
- Professional knowledge of power tools and hand tools
- Natural ability with computers and able to master a variety of software and absorb technical knowledge relevant to the specific specialist requirements of the artist including AV, sculpture and sound installation
- Proficiency in photography and able to document works and processes
- Writing-up and documenting fabrication processes
- Managing and maintaining an efficient workshop, ensuring it is presented immaculately: maintenance and stock levels of tools and equipment
- At least 3 years full time experience in the industry
- In-depth knowledge of artist studio processes and art handling methods
- IT skills should include a proficient working knowledge of Sketchup, and Photoshop; and may include a working knowledge of Final Cut Pro, Logic Pro, Ableton, Art Logic, CAD, and InDesign. Training may be offered in certain software if sufficient aptitude is shown in other areas
- Strong organisational methods with attention to detail and ability to prioritise and work independently
Key Skills/Personal Specification:
- Positive attitude, hard and efficient worker
- Problem solver and hands on approach
- Very tidy, organised, with attention to detail and an excellent communicator
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Time flexibility to work according to the needs of the studio including periods of intense activity.
Essential skills are underlined: please only apply if you have all of these skills.