Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £40,000 Negotiable
Location: London London, UK
On behalf on an international contemporary art gallery, we are looking for a full-time Bookkeeper/ Accountant to join their London team.
This is a sole charge role with a wide range of duties including :-
- Manage day to day bookkeeping and account reconciliation using Xero software
- Oversee accounts payable – process incoming invoices, set up weekly BACS, reconcile supplier statements, etc.
- Prepare and manage sales invoices and other accounts receivable, monitor and process incoming payments, etc.
- Work closely with Business Director to ensure KYC compliance procedures are undertaken and met for all relevant transactions
- Prepare weekly cash flow statements, monthly profit and loss statements, and other reports as requested
- Assist external accountants with quarterly VAT return and management reports, and monthly EC Sales List
- Assist Business Director in tracking exhibition and project costs and producing related financial reports
- Maintain accounting records including invoices, expenses, payments and transactions
- Manage petty cash, process staff expenses, and reconcile company credit card statements
- Substantial experience as a Bookkeeper in a commercial gallery setting
- Knowledge of VAT Margin Scheme and VAT import and export regulations
- Highly proficient in maths, with outstanding numerical skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent excel and data entry skills
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, using a logical and methodical approach
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Full bookkeeping qualifications AAT or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Xero, Art Logic and Coutts banking platform are strongly preferred, but not required