Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Perthshire, Scotland
An exciting and rare opportunity has arisen for a Gallery Manager to join a successful and growing art gallery in Scotland.
The gallery is based within a prestigious independent retail complex in Perthshire, Scotland. At the gateway to the highlands this is an area of outstanding natural beauty and the gallery benefits from significant foot fall.
This is an integral role within the business working closely with the Managing Director. Previous gallery management experience is essential, along with the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail.
- Developing relationships with clients, both inside and outside of working hours.
- Maintaining ongoing promotion and advertising of the Gallery.
- Planning, organising, presenting and marketing exhibitions, including responsibility for public relations.
- Develop relationships with existing and new artists, and extending relationships with established artists from the gallery ‘stable’.
- Ensure there is a schedule in place for each artist for incoming works, so a body of work is held in the gallery for each artist. Respectively feeding back to the artists on successes and challenges with tact.
- Promoting exhibitions and work by individual artists.
- Full working knowledge of the ‘Own Art’ finance procedure.
- Arranging transportation of work to and from the gallery, both nationally and internationally.
- Ensure correct installation and display of the artwork.
- Developing client lists by notifying potential clients of particular works and exhibitions, according to their stated interests, whilst also extending the client database.
- Cataloguing acquisitions and keeping records.
What we are looking for:
- Knowledge of contemporary visual arts and the ability in sharing knowledge effectively.
- Sales orientated.
- Excellent at establishing relationships and developing long lasting relationships.
- Polite, friendly, tactful and approachable manner.
- Organised and methodical worker.
- Can work on own initiative and as part of a larger team.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Competitive salary.
- Generous holiday allowance.
- Career progression and learning and development opportunities.
- Work/life balance.
- Being a part of a company whose values will give you a standard to aspire to and underpin who we are as a company and a community.
- Temporary accommodation.