We are looking for a Gallery Manager for a Contemporary Art Gallery in Ghana. The Gallery dedicates its programme to spearheading international exchanges between art practices from communities in Africa and the rest of the world, presenting artists who interrogate concepts of belonging and identity, cultural exchange, and social history beyond Western narratives, therefore it is essential that candidates have an interest in Africa and African Art.
The role is Tuesday to Saturday and will be based full time in the gallery in Accra. Some travel to international Art Fairs will be required. Support in relocating, if required, will be provided by the gallery.
- Day to day running of the gallery space
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the Gallery Exhibition program as well their respective exhibitions.
- Oversee and manage the residency program at the Gallery.
- Input database for all artists work and update database when needed
- Ensure work is kept in safe environment at all times
- Develop budgets with Artists for specific residency/exhibitions/performances/fairs and liaise with accounts
- Arranging flights and visas
- Allocating per diems, fees and expenses
- Driving and developing the gallery exhibition programme and scheduling with the rest of the team and the directors
- Foster relationships with public institutions and external curators
- Liaise with the directors about availability of works and background information
- Research, develop and present new solo and group exhibition and projects.
- Manage the gallery’s participation in international Art Fairs
- Previous experience working in a commercial contemporary gallery
- Knowledge and interest in African Art
- Able and willing to relocate to Accra
- French language would be an advantage
- Efficient with strong attention to detail
- Must have previous managerial experience
- Excellent interpersonal and client facing skills
- Exceptionally organised and proactive multitasker