Our client, an internationally recognised market leader in Fine Art logistics moving and storage, is seeking a Gallery & Museum Services Manager.
Our client moves and stores personal possessions, commercial assets, valuable works of art and priceless furnishings for individuals, companies, auction houses, galleries, collectors and interior designers. This role is integral to the success of their Galleries and Museums Services division and presents a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and committed individual to join the Company at a dynamic and exciting time as it continues to grow. Reporting directly to the General Manager and working closely with team members in both the client management and operations departments, the role is office based as part of a cooperative team working environment. There will be a requirement to travel within London and the north of England.
- Day to day relationship management with key blue chip commercial galleries and museum accounts
- Management of a team of around 6 to 8 Client Account Managers who have responsibility for a portfolio of gallery and museum clients
- Project management, working with the wider team to plan, communicate and coordinate the delivery of our clients’ required programme of displays, exhibitions, packing, transport and installation
- Working with the client account management team, clients and in house service departments (transport, packing, customs, case making, and technical support) to discuss project planning, onsite and offsite requirements and all other project needs and devise methodologies for project delivery
- Ensure exemplary client contact and that the team consistently delivers a first class service to delight its clients
- Ensure jobs are involved with a good level of profitability
- Full financial management of project budgets from start to finish.
- Submission of tenders as required for new business opportunities
- Provide accurate weekly/monthly reports to the General Manager
- Manage special projects as needed
- Supervise the recruitment, mentoring, development and training of the Client Account Management team.
- Assisting the Learning & Development team in building training programmes
- Responsible for ensuring that the Company complies with all relevant legislation including transport, health and safety, and employment
- Work with the HR team to manage absence and performance related issues
Our ideal candidate:
- A Fine Art logistics professional with proven management experience in the galleries and museums sector
- Sound working knowledge of exhibition and art fair management
- Excellent knowledge of national and international shipping processes, air freight and road freight
- Working knowledge of international fine art shipping, UK customs and familiarity with European customs procedures
- A hands on and proactive manager with good interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- An articulate and confident communicator and active listener able to build effective relationships with stakeholders, and inform and advise others clearly
- A hands on mentality, with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude
- Good time keeping and planning skills and the ability to multitask (handling multiple priorities, managing schedules and meeting deadlines and objectives in a fast-paced, high pressure and exciting environment)
- Capable of working independently, focused and driven, skilled at taking informed decisions whilst under pressure
- Displays a mindset that looks for a better way and is committed to high standards and professionalism in all undertakings
- Confident working to tight deadlines and prioritising workload
- IT skills (Microsoft and in-house systems)
- Personal commitment to improving own knowledge and skills and commitment to continuing learning and development
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity