Our client is seeking a proactive and responsible Gallery Supervisor to help in the smooth operational running of their gallery space in London. This includes managing a small team and being front of house. The gallery is open Wednesday to Sunday.
- Invigilating all exhibition spaces – ensuring the security of the artworks and the building.
- Being a general point of contact within the exhibition spaces for the general public and the team of invigilators to provide excellent and pro-active customer service.
- Helping with the setup of events and private views if required.
Health and safety
- Ensuring visitor safety during their visit.
- Ensuring visitor safety in relation to Coronavirus and that necessary practices are followed.
- Assisting with the evacuation of the general public in the event of an emergency.
- Managing security or health and safety issues if they arise.
- Highlight any facility or building issues.
- Liaise with outside contractors when they attend to complete planned maintenance.
- Liaise with permanent onsite contractors.
- Opening and closing of the space.
- Liaising with other invigilators regarding working rotas.
- Carrying out any other duties as deemed appropriate.
Skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a customer service role would be advantageous.
- Independent fast thinker, who can respond to effectively to changing situations.
- Retail or gallery supervisory experience would be beneficial but not necessary.
- Able to work as part of a team and manage your own specific areas independently.
- Answer telephone enquires in a professional and friendly manner.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.