Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Berkshire UK
Our client, a growing and successful auction house, is looking for a General Valuer to join the team to focus on their regular antiques sales.
The role might suit either a Valuer with some previous auction experience, or it might suit someone in a gallery environment with a strong art historical knowledge who enjoys handling antiques and collectables.
Responsibilities would include:
- Cataloguing items for sale, dealing with pre-sale enquiries
- Preparing for sales by uploading images and descriptions to online platforms
- Over the counter valuations and preparation of valuation reports
- Preparing for and participating in viewing days
- Post-Sale administration
- A Generalists with some valuation experience
- Rostrum experience is not required but is welcomed
- IT Literate , ability to type correspondence, valuations etc