Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Home Counties UK
Our client, a well established regional auction house are looking for a General Valuer to focus on their regular weekly general and monthly antique sales. You will be joining a hard working and friendly team and will be expected to pitch in with all aspects of the business.
Duties will include:
- Cataloguing items for sale, dealing with pre-sale enquiries
- Dealing with valuations
- Setting up the saleroom , including moving furniture and other items
- Preparing for sales by uploading images and descriptions to on-line platforms
- Over the counter valuations and preparation of valuation reports
- Preparing for and participating in viewing days
- Post-Sale administration
- A Generalists with some valuation experience
- A specialist interest is advantageous
- Happy to lift and undertake physical work in the sale room
- Rostrum experience is not required but is welcomed
- IT Literate , ability to type correspondence, valuations etc.
- Driving licence would be helpful
The role is Monday to Friday , with a 1:3 rota to cover Saturday mornings.