Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: East Anglia UK
Our client is a leading regional auction house based in a beautiful part of East Anglia. Due to growth in the business, they are looking for an experienced General Valuer to focus on their regular monthly antiques and collectables sale and also their furniture and rugs sale. As General Valuer you will be responsible for the full sale cycle from business getting to delivery.
Duties will include:
- Business Getting
- Cataloguing lots, producing and condition reports and writing catalogue notes
- Dealing with pre-sale enquiries
- Dealing with valuations both in-house and in client’s homes and preparing valuation reports
- Preparing for sales by uploading images and descriptions to on-line platforms
- Preparing for and participating in viewing days
- Post-Sale administration
- A Generalists with valuation experience
- A specialist interest is advantageous
- Rostrum experience is not required but is welcomed
- IT Literate , ability to type correspondence, valuations etc.
- Full Driving licence
To discuss this confidentially please get in touch.