A premier Antiques and Fine Art Valuers and Auctioneers covering Surrey, South London, Hampshire and the Southeast region is looking for a General Valuer to join the team. They have a busy calendar of sales including quarterly Fine Auctions; and regular specialist sales of Jewellery, Silver, Clocks, Watches and Instruments, Fine Art, Ceramics, Books, and Antique Furniture and Works of Art. There are also specialist auctions throughout the year, including Entertainment and Memorabilia, 20th Century Art and Design, Asian Art, Militaria and Architectural, Textiles, Fine Wine and others.
- An ambitious individual who would like to join a busy, vibrant and positive team
- Someone with good experience in a regional or international auction house with a broad knowledge of antiques and collectables
- A specialist area is not required but would be advantageous.
- Auctioneering experience desirable but not essential
- Excellent client facing skills.
- Previous management experience desirable
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Responsibilities to include:
- Carrying out valuations both in the saleroom and at client’s homes, creating proposals and generating new business
- Cataloguing lots, writing catalogue notes and condition reports
- Dealing with clients pre and post-sale and assisting them with queries