A busy auction house in Singapore holding regular sales across a wide range of specialisms, is looking for an experienced General Valuer to join the team. Due to high levels of growth, they are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, confident and adaptable General Valuer to start in Spring 2023. You will have excellent organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail, as well as a natural ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of buyers and sellers. Experience with Asian Art would be advantageous, but not essential.
Most importantly you should have a strong entrepreneurial spirit and be ready for a new adventure!
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Sourcing goods for sale, including responding to a high volume of valuation requests and negotiating with clients wishing to sell
- Providing appraisals and valuations at clients’ homes, in the saleroom, and at other premises in Singapore
- Ensuring cataloguing meets the highest global standards of research and production Assisting in the curation of our sale catalogues
- Assisting in the set-up, viewing, sale and post-sale processes
- Providing support, training and mentorship to our junior team members
- A number of years experience working as a valuer in a reputable auction house
- A general valuation background and the ability to accurately catalogue a broad range of items at speed
- Great communication skills; you’ll be adept at managing relationships with colleagues, clients and external stakeholders
- Digital competency; we constantly invest in technological solutions to create efficiencies
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Chinese or other language skills would be desirable
Additional consideration will be given to candidates with a specialist background in any current sale categories, especially Asian Ceramics & Works of Art