Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South West, UK
Our client is a busy and growing regional auction house and due to growth in the business they are looking for a new General Valuer to join the team. They are based in a beautiful location in the South West of England within easy reach of Bath, Bristol and Wales.
At present they conduct three sales per month including furniture, ceramics, paintings, jewellery, carpets, rugs, glassware and collectors items.
As part of a small team in a dynamic regional auction house, you will be responsible for growing and contributing to the profitable performance of the business.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Travelling throughout the territory carrying out visits and actively soliciting property for auction
- Being part of the auctioneering team at all auctions
- Auctioneering (if desired)
- Contributing to the management of the saleroom
- Cataloguing items for sale in all areas and uploading images and descriptions to relevant on- line platforms, dealing with pre-sale enquiries
- Carrying out ‘over the counter valuations’
- The preparation of valuations for insurance and other purposes
- Preparing for and participating in viewing days
- Post-Sale administration
- A General valuer with saleroom and valuation experience
- Rostrum experience is advantageous, but not essential
- Ability to type correspondence, valuations etc.
- IT experience – Microsoft Office
- Full driving licence