Our client, an international gallery for contemporary art, is looking for a Global Marketing Manager. The ideal candidate will be a key business partner to the gallery senior management with responsibility for the group’s global marketing, advertising, digital, press, and internal communications plans. The Global Marketing Manager will combine tactical and strategic roles, closely partnering with local stakeholders to align global and local requirements, establishing a marketing strategy for the profitable long-term growth of the business. The succesful candidate will: develop strategic marketing plans including pricing and promotional planning; plan and maintain budget for all advertising products and coordinate with Sales to evaluate all commercial specifications and ensure compliance; coordinate with local gallery staff and prepare strategies to achieve growth in markets; ensure best practices for all art fair, exhibition, secondary market, and project channels; administer the life-cycle of all global marketing initiatives and prepare effective strategies to position all processes according to gallery requirement and ensure optimal support to all global strategies.
Working closely with the Director and Artistic Coordinator and the Global Managing Director, the Global Marketing Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Advertising: negotiates annual group advertising buys and primary liaison with external advertising platforms for deadline and material submission management. Coordinates and supports local galleries who are responsible for all advertising submissions by managing and communicating deadlines and material quality.
- Press Liaison: primary point of contact with the local press agencies responsible for delivery timely, complete, and responsive two-way communications and updates. Organizes regular gallery-agency meetings and updates to align local vs global activities. Ensures local tactics are planned, executed, and aligned with the global strategy. Daily monitoring of media coverage and promote it internally / externally.
- Digital & Social Media: Leads and centralizes all email marketing campaigns, website initiatives, and social media strategies. Establishes forward looking plans to support and promote the Group’s artistic program in the digital space including art fairs, exhibitions, projects, etc.
- Internal Communications: Independently and proactively solicits new developments from artist liaisons on a monthly basis and then produces, proofs, and circulates monthly internal newsletter.
- Marketing: Create, track, analyze, and report marketing performance metrics on a monthly basis, deliver quarterly marketing performance reports to Top Management.
- Collaborate with graphic designers and local galleries to design various communication strategies, prepare reports and materials, and manage all communication with top management and resolve all issues in global marketing
- Consolidate the gallery’s email lists, compile multiple & extensive distribution lists, regularly assess and clean lists removing dead/bounced emails and assessing improvements
- Establish central marketing & communications budget and, in partnership with local stakeholders, allocate funds to each gallery according to strategy agreed with top management. Continually monitor spend reporting of all marketing and communications budgets.
- In partnership with top management, lead the negotiation of external marketing & communications supplier/vendor contracts such as group digital advertising buys, press agency, and social media accounts. Continually monitor and manage external vendor performance, reporting contract performance and escalating challenges to top management, as necessary.
- Support the Global Managing Director in creating forward-looking annual and 3-year business plan for the operating entities, including potential growth and expansion opportunities, following strategic direction of Board of Directors.
- Perform market, client, and marketing plan analysis to identify key opportunities and trends then make informed recommendations on adjustments, improvements, and new approaches to increase market penetration and and reach.
- Several years of experience as a Communication/Marketing Manager or similar role
- Good knowledge of the art field
- Excellent oral expression and writing skills – in both French and English
- Perfect mastery of communication issues in a demanding context
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and other social media best practices
- Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Familiarity with online content, webtools and Google Analytics
- Good understanding of social media KPIs
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Independent and proactive, creative and innovative
- Autonomous and rigorous
- Excellent ability to multitask and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Master’s degree in Marketing/Communication or a related field