We are looking for an experienced Registrar to oversee all logistical operations and shipping for an international gallery with multiple locations. Ideally the candidate will be based in Monaco, but they are open to applications from candidates in Europe or the USA. Fluent English and French is essential, as is proven experience working as a Registrar or Logistics Manger in a Gallery, Auction House or Fine Art Shipping Company.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose, define and implement the logistics strategy across all locations.
- Implement the logistical tools necessary for the movement of works from artists, for exhibitions and international Art Fairs as well as deliveries to clients, ensuring that team members have the appropriate skills and training.
- Responsible for rationalising the management costs of warehouses and storage of work through close collaboration with commercial suppliers.
- Define and manage the budgets for storage and logistics.
- Effectively manage relationships and negotiate contracts with commercial suppliers.
- Structure and implement an internal reporting system aimed at analysing logistical activities.
- Line manage Registrars and Head Registrars across all locations.
- Ensure a corporate culture of logistics that is functional to the management of the most articulated commercial processes.
- Must have significant experience as a logistics manager or senior register at logistics company in the fine art transportation industry, contemporary art gallery, luxury goods industry, auction houses.
- Strong negotiation skills and a strong proximity to business processes.
- Deep knowledge of logistics processes in national and international context.
- Proven ability to manage a team of direct resources.
- Knowledge and Competencies.
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English and other language if possible.
- Ability to manage and develop effective multi-level relationships and a marked propensity for active listening.
- Organisational and analytical skills, strong goal orientation with an innate sense of practicality.
Able to exercise authoritative leadership that is recognised on the basis of both skills and relational traits.