Our client, an international gallery, is seeking a Global Registrar to oversee the registrar and team. This role can be based in London.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propose, define and implement the logistics strategy useful for the development and completion of commercial and exhibition activities, defining the tools and KPI’s for measuring logistics performance. Define the organizational structure necessary to support the implementation of the strategy and activities of the logistics function.
- Define, share and implement the set of logistical tools necessary for the movement of works acquired from artists and their delivery to collectors at a cost/benefit ratio that represents a real competitive advantage in support of commercial negotiations.
- Responsible for rationalizing the management costs of warehouses and storage of works for commercial purposes, through close collaboration with the commercial functions, the definition and management of the budget and enhancing from time to time, with the choice of the most suitable solutions for the exploitation of sales opportunities.
- Develop the skills and customs relations necessary to make the movement of works smoother and easier, spreading within the organization the necessary skills to effectively support commercial negotiations.
- Structuring and implementing an internal reporting system aimed at analyzing and monitoring phenomena related to logistics activities. To spread within the commercial organization a corporate culture of logistics that is functional to the management of the most articulated commercial processes.
- Must have 5/8 years’ experience as a logistics manager or senior register at logistics companies in the transportation industry, contemporary art gallery, luxury goods industry, auction houses.
- Strong negotiation skills in logistics, and a strong proximity to business processes (business acumen).
- Deep knowledge of logistics processes in national and international context, possibly developed in the art market (museums, auction houses).
- Proven ability to manage a team of direct resources.
Knowledge and Competencies:
- Fluent knowledge of spoken and written English and other language if possible.
- Ability to manage and develop effective multi-level relationships and a marked propensity for active listening.
- Organizational and analytical skills, strong goal orientation with an innate sense of practicality.
- Open to experimentation and learning, able to exercise authoritative leadership that is recognized on the basis of both skills and relational traits.
- Willing to challenge and learn, humble but, at the same time assertive and determined.
The Head Registrar and Art Handler will report directly to this role. There are 5 registrars underneath this position, globally.