Our client operates a number of world-leading marketplaces facilitating curated online auctions and is seeking a Head of Client Services. A champion of green e-commerce; they are an entrepreneurial technology business with over 250 employees worldwide and headquarters in London. The business is on a transformative journey to grow and scale globally. This past year 100% job security has been achieved throughout the pandemic and the company has a 92% Employee Engagement score.
Head of Client Services
The client service team supports the many auctioneers in the UK that use the companies services and marketplaces. The team plays an essential role in ensuring that auctioneer customers are fully trained on all products and that they understand how to optimise the use of products and marketplaces. The team also play a critical role in ensuring that auctioneers optimise their listings on the marketplaces to ensure that they achieve the best sale price.
As the Head of Client Services you will manage a team of client service managers who together are responsible for providing customer service, training and technical support to hundreds of UK auctioneer customers. The client service team also play an important role in pre-sale support for sales teams’ presentations to prospective customers as well as User Acceptance Testing and the implementation of new products and features. The Head of Client Services will use his/her previous experience to improve auctioneer training, product understanding and on-site merchandising while also increasing the team’s productivity.
We’re looking for a Head of Client Service that can lead and inspire a team of client service managers and ensure we provide excellent training, customer service and support to UK auctioneer customers. The ideal candidate will be an operations professional with a genuine passion for leading teams that provide excellent training and support and can help auctioneer customers improve their merchandising on the marketplaces. The role provides a great opportunity for those who are looking to take that next step in their career on managing an operations team in a high growth and profitable tech business.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Track record in the fields of e-commerce, operations or auctions.
- Proven working experience in management roles.
- Solid technical background in e-commerce, ideally with previous work experience with a marketplace and/or the companies products.
- Excellent client facing and internal communication skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills demonstrating a flair for getting things done.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively.
- Ability to multi-task, manage business as usual tasks as well as additional projects and ad hoc requests remaining calm and focussed in a high-pressure environment.
- Good knowledge of customer service KPIs and reporting methods for operational teams.
- Experience using helpdesk software.
- Experience managing staff rotas, ideally where the employees or stakeholders are working remotely and without direct supervision.
- Experience recruiting and training staff.
- Be able to build rapport in cross functional project teams.
- Be ready to work in a fast paced and highly ambitious company.
- Willing and able to work non-standard hours, sometimes including weekends.
- Fluent written/spoken English.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the Client Services teams, ensuring the highest standard of support.
- Handle all operational high level escalations. Troubleshoot and problem solve, ensuring high customer satisfaction and report to other dependent departments.
- Provide reports around performance and productivity, and other analysis to support informed decision making at senior management level.
- Lead the client services team to ensure support and improve auctioneer customers merchandising on our marketplaces.
- Ensure product releases are covered from an operations perspective – planning, launches, training internal and external, rollout to completion, including User Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure all defects and problems relating to products and services are recorded.
- Work with the team to ensure that bugs are resolved quickly and full root cause analysis takes place post resolution.
- Work with the product and engineering teams to drive initiatives to reduce operational dependency on engineering to provide faster, better service to clients whilst reducing overall cost to the business.
- Draft, proof and approve marketing materials for B2B and B2C clients, and internal collateral.
- Daily management duties such as shift scheduling, team and one-to-one meetings with direct reports.
- Create and continuously evaluate team work flows. Train and coach team members to ensure work flows and procedures are followed. Look for ways to optimise existing work flows to make team members more productive and efficient and implementing them.
- Create and develop contingency plans for operational procedures.
- Improve employee engagement, communicate direction and goals, provide regular performance feedback and coach team members. Manage the team to meet and exceed expectations.
- Stakeholder of the help desk software and associated help centres, both externally on the websites and internally. Maintaining and developing procedure documents that promote best practice and ensure consistent service delivery across the team.
- Ensure effective implementation of new processes resulting from strategic projects and organisational change in a fast-paced environment.
A competitive salary is available and our client also offers a wide range of competitive benefits and run programmes to support employees in areas including health, family, finance, growth, time off and work life balance. Hybrid working is in place with 2 days on-site and 3 days home working.
Diversity, Equality and inclusion
Our client strives to be a company where people of all races, religions and persuasions can work and thrive in a supportive environment. They are fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and value the differences that a diverse workforce brings to the organisation. They will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and are proud to have built a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.
You will not be disadvantaged because of who you are or where you come from. What matters is that you are the best person for the job and are passionate and committed to our clients vision to deliver in your role.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to us and we will be happy to support you.