Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
On behalf of an international Auction House we are looking for an ambitious and talented individual for a senior role – Head of Day Sale for the Modern and Impressionist Department.
The role which would be based in London would source and sell works for the Impressionist and Modern Art Day Sales and help to manage the team delivering against these particular sales. This market segment is an important focus for the company and a crucial revenue stream.
- Actively seek consignment opportunities; business-get independently and/or with colleagues to include UK and overseas travel as appropriate.
- Key role in selling works to global clients, including developing capacity on private sales.
- Meeting sales and net profit targets for particular sales.
- Responsible for management of the Day Sale processes including: creating a vision for the sales through the curation of the catalogue, catalogue, day to day running and mentoring of the team, drive sourcing drive, pricing meetings.
- Contribute to strategic long-term business development, and provide structure and direction to the business getting in the middle market.
- Maintain an exceptionally high level of client service, both internally and externally (colleagues and public).
- Preparation of proposals, valuations, estimates.
The salary package is negotiable based on experience