Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
An international contemporary art gallery is seeking an experienced Head of Events to manage all in-house and external gallery events.
Your daily tasks will include working closely with the exhibition, sales and marketing/press team to identify event objectives and promotion strategy, manage budgets and supplier relationships, and coordinate all event logistics.
You will need excellent project management skills to administer pre-event planning and communications and post-event follow-up and admin. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in executing successful events, exceptional knowledge of the art world calendars and clientele, and have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Delivery of a portfolio of events from conception to on site delivery and post event support
- Working collaboratively with Sales team and Directors to ensure top quality events and guest attendance
- Work closely with Press and Exhibitions team to ensure events are inline with the exhibition schedule
- Work in conjunction with the other galleries for all events and guest list management
- Provide regular updates to the directors regarding event and guest list status
- Budget management and reconciliation across all events
- Ensure that gallery events do not clash with any major cultural events and provide detailed schedules to the gallery of London events seasons
Event development and team support
- Assist the gallery Directors and Exhibition team in the development of new event and experiential activations.
- Attending and leading team meetings to ensure development of new and existing events
- Proactively identifying new opportunities to generate events income
- Work closely with the team and give continuous updates to ensure tasks are being effectively completed
- Managing external venue hire requests and support the activation
- Establishing and managing relationships with key suppliers such as caterers, production companies, alcohol suppliers and florists
- Negotiate longer term partnerships and preferential rates with key suppliers
- Build relationships to form contra partnership opportunities to support in the delivery of events
- Proven work experience in a similar field or executing similar profile of events
- Interest or knowledge of the art industry
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure whilst maintaining accuracy in work standard
- Personable and presentable
- Competent in using Microsoft Office and InDesign
- Experience working with London galleries and art collectors
- Excellent knowledge of London event schedules
- Ability to work as part of a team within office and event environment
- Flexibility in work approach and time management
- Flexibility with work schedules and late hours