Our client, one of the world’s largest and most renowned auction houses, is looking for a Head of Germany.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Represent the auction house in the country with the aim of sourcing profitable business for the company from the region
- Define the key areas of business development for the country (business activities, locations to develop) and involve the German team in this strategic development growth plan.
- Lead and supervise the German team, inspire them, and share his / her experience as business getter
- Establish and maintain relationships with collectors, galleries, curators, art consultants, companies and banks who use or could potentially use the auction house to buy or sell art.
- Find and encourage private clients within the region to buy or sell art works through the auction house
- Liaise with specialist departments in Paris and London to define which art objects/cars they are looking for and arrange visits to clients
- Arrange events in Germany, for the promotion of business: valuation days, lectures, talks, charity auctions etc
- Ensure that the database of clients in the region receive regular communications, either through letters, e-mails, catalogues, department brochures, invitations or other related material
- Build, manage and maintain the client database for Germany and liaise with the central client development team
- Establish links with related companies to support and build the auction house‘s sales/database in Germany
- Assist with all aspects of the setting up of exhibitions and/or sales within Germany
- Travel to meet clients to promote the auction house’s services and sales when necessary
- Provide practical and administrative assistance for all activities within Germany
In addition to the tasks and responsibilities listed, you may be required to perform other duties as assigned by your Manager.
- Business acumen, solid client portfolio of clients in Germany
- Fluent German and English
- Management and coaching skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible team player
- Good attention to detail