On behalf of one of the leading Fine Art Auctioneers in the United Kingdom we are seeking a Head of Department to be responsible for the growth and development of the Jewellery and Watches Department. This is an established department taking over from someone retiring . Working with an experienced Jewellery Specialist and an external Consultant, the Head of Department will oversee the busy sales calendar and will engage new and existing buyers and consignors. This role would suit someone looking to step up into a leading role, with good previous experience in the trade or with a reputable auction house, and a good London network. Part-time will be considered for the right candidate. The auction has international reach and a progressive outlook.
Responsibilities will include :
- Representing the Auction House in the London & South East market.
- Securing consignments for the department and sourcing new business through pro-active business development, relationship building and maintaining existing client relationships.
- Actively manage client relationships in order to enhance client loyalty and generate business; support key client activity in particular focusing on generating new networks of clients
- Perform valuations for auction, probate and insurance
- Prepare and deliver valuation proposals to secure consignments
- Arranging and managing London valuation days
- Oversee the department catalogues and assist with cataloguing as required
- Assist with the production of condition reports
Auctions and Viewings
- Attend and participate in auctions and viewings
- The candidate will have solid experience in a similar role within an auction house
- The candidate will be FGA/ DGA Qualified and may also be a Registered Valuer
- Highly developed client management skills are essential
- Existing contacts within the market place are essential