Our client comprises a small friendly team who have earned an enviable reputation for selling interesting and high quality antiques, jewellery and collectables, often sourced from private local collections. Due to growth in the business an experienced Jewellery Specialist is required to carve out a jewellery department.
Your role will encompass visiting clients, carrying out probate valuations, and cataloguing and coordinating jewellery consignments in the auction schedule. In time you may also establish separate jewellery sales. The successful applicant will have worked in an auction house for a number of years as a Jewellery Specialist and will be passionate, diligent and possess excellent written and organisation skills. Excellent computer literacy and a high level of customer service is essential.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducting valuations
- Cataloguing items for sale
- Dealing with pre-sale enquiries
- Preparing for and participating in viewing days
- Probate valuations
- This role would suit a Jewellery Specialist with previous experience
- FGA/DGA GIA or equivalent qualification
- You should enjoy working in a small team and be happy to pitch in as needed
- Auctioneering experience advantageous
- Computer literate
- Driving licence and access to a car, or in easy commuting distance