An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Director of Marketing and Communications to join this fast paced, entrepreneurial business. This role requires a dynamic, highly organised and talented marketeer with a passion for luxury and the ability to translate and execute the strategic vision of the senior team.
Reporting directly into the CEO and Creative Director, this position would suit a driven and highly adaptable individual with the enthusiasm and energy to manage and personally achieve significant output
- Manage the in-house Marketing team and freelancers, providing continuous encouragement and guidance and instilling efficient organisation processes and regular reporting.
- Optimise and nurture the team, proposing new hires as appropriate, undertaking recruitment, conducting team reviews and activating development opportunities.
- Develop and activate a successful global PR strategy to generate positive, sales driving press coverage for both the Gallery and Advisory sides of the business.
- Align paid and organic opportunities to ensure that media relationships and resulting coverage is strategic and optimised.
- Direct internal/freelance PR teams and agencies as appropriate, ensure that targets are met and monitoring and reporting is undertaken to the expectations of senior management.
- Plan, negotiate and buy print and digital media for the gallery
- Identify and activate opportunities for special advertising executions and native content
- Arrange production and supply of advertising creative, monitor copy deadlines and maintain a print library of relevant titles.
- Ensure positions and executions are prominent and ROI is achieved throughout the yearly plan
- Drive continual improvement of client communications – from weekly e-shots to nurturing campaigns and one-to-one communications.
- Work with the team to design and develop client engagement and loyalty programs, through client events and experiences, gifting programmes and bespoke communications.
- Activate database segmentation and insight projects in order to identify distinct client types
- Design and activate the e-shot calendar, working with various teams to research subjects, commission words and optimise click through rates.
- Work with senior advisors and the marketing team to plan and execute a busy global events calendar, managing production, budgets, guest lists, gifts and partner brands/artists to ensure that events run smoothly and successfully.
- Oversee departmental budgets, ensuring that funds are allocated appropriately and with research and negotiation.
- Provide regular budget updates and reports to senior management
- Oversee and provide guidance to the in-house digital team and external agencies/advisors as they undertake a website rebuild and relaunch, plan and activate organic and paid media and ensure that the digital representation of the gallery is continually optimised and achieving business goals.
- Manage the in-house creative team, providing oversight and guidance as they deliver a wide range of projects, including: content creation, exhibition branding, physical and digital collateral, sales documents, installations and advertising creative.
- Support senior advisors in the management and delivery of brand and charity partnerships, ensuring that each partnership is mutually successful and ROI is achieved.
- Luxury brand experience
- A knowledge and passion for modern and contemporary art
- Existing media contacts within the luxury world
- Experience of working in a various disciplines of Marketing and Communications at a senior level. Specific experience in luxury/art PR would be an advantage.
- Numerate and able to analyse and translate data
- Proven ability to manage and develop in-house teams and agencies
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and drive a very high personal and team output
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Experience in working within a fast moving entrepreneurial environment