Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
Our client, an internationally renowned arts institution is looking for a Head of Media Relations.This is a rare opportunity to join an extraordinary team, publicising the best of contemporary art, architecture, live and digital programming to diverse audiences in a fast-changing media landscape.
- Conceive and implement an ambitious national and international media strategy in line with the institution’s artistic ambition, audience development and business plans.
- Write compelling press documents, excellent briefing notes, speeches, positioning statements and quotes.
- Organise and deliver all press conferences and associated press trips and events within agreed budgets, effectively representing the Institution at all events.
- Create and deliver media campaigns specifically targeted to new audiences.
- Create and deliver campaigns to support the institution’s digital expansion and programmes.
- Develop and maintain media partnerships.
- Develop and deliver a digital press strategy to increase online profile.
- Develop and enhance the individual media profiles of the Chief Executive and Artistic Director.
- Work closely with the Digital team to ensure alignment on messaging and engagement with the institution’s audiences.
- Build relationships with key members of the press and partner agencies to the advantage of the Institution and manage all outsourced contracts (e.g. press cuttings agency); monitor ROI and review contracts.
- Work closely with the Development and Exhibitions teams to fully understand and represent the interests of external stakeholders, including sponsors, funders, partner organisations and individuals, to ensure appropriate accreditation.
- Lead on building and maintaining a comprehensive national and international media database.
- Collate, manage and analyse visitor data and press coverage for regular internal distribution and external use.
- Work with the Programmes team and artists’ representatives to obtain the best assets, images and materials in support of artists and architects.
- Ensure maintenance of the online Press Office.
- Manage budgets and financial records for individual projects.
- Contribute to the implementation and streamlining of departmental processes and systems.
- Deputise for the Head of Communications, as required.
Key Skills / Attributes:
- Substantial experience with press and media in similar organisations within the arts or cultural sector or an agency environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tell a compelling story in an engaging way, with meticulous attention to detail and ability to proof read.
- Extensive contacts in print, digital and broadcast media and confidence across digital platforms/social media.
- Successful experience dealing with international media at a high level.
- Resilient under pressure and capable of managing competing priorities effectively.
- Ability to work proactively, collaboratively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Organised, disciplined and detail orientated.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines, pro-actively resolve workload conflict issues.
- Able to think and act creatively and to implement pragmatic solutions.
- Competent in the use of database systems.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Proactive, diplomatic and dynamic approach.