A commercial gallery is looking for a Head of People to join their expanding team. This is a newly created role and will be a key member of the senior team, responsible for the smooth running of HR.
You will be responsible for creating and delivering the People strategy, through providing expert HR advice to the organisation with the aim of cultivating a culture that gets the most out of their people in terms of engagement, performance, and enjoyment. As HR expert, the Head will head the review of people policies and procedures, performance appraisal, recruitment, reward and recognition frameworks, employee engagement, employee relations and strategic workforce planning.
- Develop, implement, and manage the HR strategy, aligning this with the overall strategic business plan of the gallery
- Work closely with the Directors and the Operations Director to ensure their people are at the forefront of our decision making, ensuring productivity is high across the board
- Maintain a highly engaged culture where staff are encouraged to think outside the box and be creative in
- Champion a learning environment emphasising the importance of collaboration, commitment and communication across all departments within the business
- Lead on the delivery of a range of HR strategies and approaches including recruitment and retention, employee relations, reward and benefits, payroll, organisational development, performance management, restructures, contractual administration, diversity and inclusion, and absence management and staff well-being
- Incorporate the pillars of the brand in the implementation of all HR policies with an in-depth focus on the messages of inclusion and accessibility
- Write and regularly review the Employee Handbook, with policies, procedures and guidelines in place as well as brand story, and company culture guide
- Analysing and producing HR metrics and data that add value to the business
- Oversee company use of Bright HR system and regularly liaise with third party HR providers (Peninsula) for guidance and improvements to the system
- Support all managers with team appraisals as well as providing guidance on key performance indicators for all staff, ensuring they are motivating and encouraging maximum performance and wellbeing
- Design and implement a Training and Development Programme that ensures all staff are sufficiently skilled to meet departmental and business objectives and provide opportunities for upskilling
- Actively seek out and identify mentoring and coaching opportunities for staff at all levels within the business
- Embed values of empathy and kindness in all staff encouraging social interactions to enhance professional relationships within the organisation
- Actively engage in sustainable training and practices following all available environmentally friendly workplace policies and procedures
- Have several years’ HR experience in a leadership role, with a track record of strategic leadership and fostering a positive workplace culture
- A confident communicator with good written skills, with the ability to manage up and down as well as influence colleagues at all levels within the business.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of sound HR and employment legislation and practice
- Can work in a fast-paced environment and handle highly sensitive issues while balancing employee advocacy and management demands
Part-time options (3 – 4 days per week) will also be considered