An international contemporary gallery is looking for an Image Archivist for their London space.
The image archivist is responsible for the daily update of the archives and the database in a meticulous manner and following the gallery’s guidelines and specifications. You will be required to produce high quality images and to distribute them on demand, both digitally and printed, to other members of staff . The image archivist will provide high quality support to the Head of Archives and will assist by producing in-house photography when required, including editing and colour proofing for gallery and external publications. It is a very sales focused role in a highly commercial environment.
- Excellent practical knowledge Adobe Photoshop CC and InDesign
- Good practical knowledge of Photography and confidence in operating a digital SLR camera
- Confidence in operating office software programmes, in particular, Excel, Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- PC proficiency
- Confident and assertive personality
- Minimum of 2 years experience working with digital images in an arts related environment, photo agencies or publishing industry
- Willing to work long hours when necessary and under own initiative
- Ability to work on a number of tasks at any given time whilst always bearing in mind the importance of prioritising and keeping to deadlines.
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Constant attention to detail
- Previous commercial gallery experience highly advantageous
- Excellent communication skills and a professional telephone and email manner
- An interest in and knowledge of modern and contemporary art
- Good practical knowledge of Sketch-up a plus, as it is used to build digital renderings of exhibitions for upcoming gallery and external exhibitions