Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Contract
Pay: up to £23,000
Location: London UK
Tenure: Fixed Term
We are working with an International Auction House to find an Inventory Administrator. The role if full-time and is a one year fixed term contract. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain a grounding in Fine Art Shipping and Logistics.
You will be an integral member of the Inventory Management team, ensuring that all property processed through the business is accounted for correctly at all times and that stock checks are carried out. You will support and assist in coordinating a property referral programme, liaising directly with clients and specialist departments to facilitate the property either being returned to the client or alternative sale arrangements be made. You will also support the team in analysing stock levels in accordance with our internal service level agreements.
- Alongside other members of the inventory team, coordinate and administer the routine stock check programme, ensuring that all stock checks are conducted within the agreed time parameters, and any follow up action is dealt with where necessary in order to resolve any anomalies.
- Alongside other members of the inventory team investigate and resolve inventory anomalies and data errors.
- Liaise directly with the specialist departments to assist with proposing and facilitating recommendations for aged inventory property referrals. Whether assisting with the return of the property to the client, or re-offering the item for sale through either our sales platforms or alternatively through a third party auction house.
- Communicate with clients effectively in order to explain and assist in arranging appropriate recommendations regarding their property.
- Compile and produce analysis reports to demonstrate patterns and changes to the classified inventory over time, with an emphasis on monitoring and assisting with the property referral programme. Produce progress reports in order to deliver a summary of information relating to aged inventory.
- Utilise the IT system in order to produce reports to support and display property levels throughout the business to show the progress of aged inventory, ensuring these are clear and that they display the highest degree of accuracy.
- Liaise directly with third party auction houses in order to manage our own accounts when consigning property for sale or assisting our clients with their property transfer to the third party.
- Assist with and coordinate research into unknown and uncontactable owners, liaising directly with all internal departments in order to fulfil all the necessary criteria for the property to move through our own or a third party’s auction business.
- Qualified to degree level.
- Strong analytical & proactive problem solving skills.
- Enthusiastic, honest, highly self-motivated and able to remain calm under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills coupled with a diplomatic approach.
- Time Management/ Forward Planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well within a team.
- Very high level of attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Computer literate with a comprehensive knowledge of MS office.
- Previous knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
- Previous experience in supply chain management would be an advantage.