We are seeking experienced, pro-active and knowledgeable Japanese Art specialist to join a growing Asian Art department. This is a permanent role and are an exciting opportunity to join a successful and well-established department within the auction house.
You will take a lead role in the development and formation of Japanese Art auctions, working closely with the Directors to develop the sales, while also spending time engaging new and existing buyers and consignors.
These roles will complement an existing and successful Asian Art Department and will work alongside another established specialist.
The job will include:
- You will be responsible for building a network of consigners, valuing items, cataloguing and participating generally in the complete auction cycle
- Cataloguing items for sale
- Dealing with potential vendors
- Assessing items brought to the counter
- Assisting in the preparation of the catalogue and sale
- Preparing condition reports
- Answering queries pre-sale and post -sale
The position can be based in either London, or a regional sale room. Some flexible working can be considered. The ideal candidate will have past experience in either a gallery or auction environment as a specialist and a good art historical education.
An established network of consigners and language skills would be advantageous, but not essential.