We are inviting applications for the role of Jewellery Cataloguer to join an established team and help drive the business forward.
The applicant must have a sound knowledge of Jewellery and recent experience of all aspects of the fine art auction and valuation industry. A high standard of cataloguing skills is required. We are seeking someone who can uphold strict professional standards. The successful applicant would work closely with the head of jewellery and watches, a motivated team within the business to support the successful jewellery sales.
- Jewellery Specialist – (antique, period and modern jewellery)
- FGA/ GIA or equivalent or working towards
- Previous employment at an auction house with experience of cataloguing, phone bidding etc…
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good people skills and team work, as well as the ability to secure consignments and develop new business
- Organised, able to work under pressure during deadlines and meet those
- Fluent in English – additional languages would be a plus
- Cataloguing – researching and describing items consigned for sale
- Client Management – ensuring that vendors are kept informed of the auction arrangements, and that formal valuations are completed to the satisfaction of the instructing parties. Build a network within Ireland (and internationally) of regular buyers/ collectors
- Prepare exhibitions ahead of sales and their display
- Prepare jewellery advertisements/ press releases and any other promotional requirements
- Competitive salary dependant on experience.