A leading auction house is looking for an experienced Jewellery Specialist to join their established team. The role can be mainly remote but will involve frequent travel (perhaps monthly) to Ireland and this will involve some over night stays.
The applicant must have a sound knowledge of Jewellery and recent experience of all aspects of the fine art auction and valuation industry. A high standard of cataloguing skills is required. We are seeking someone who can uphold strict professional standards. The successful applicant would work closely with the head of jewellery and watches, a motivated team within the business to support the successful jewellery sales.
- Jewellery Specialist – (antique, period and modern jewellery)
- FGA/ GIA or equivalent or working towards
- Previous employment at an auction house with experience of cataloguing, phone bidding etc…
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Good people skills and team work, as well as the ability to secure consignments and develop new business
- Organised, able to work under pressure during deadlines and meet those
- Fluent in English – additional languages would be a plus
- Cataloguing – researching and describing items consigned for sale
- Client Management – ensuring that vendors are kept informed of the auction arrangements, and that formal valuations are completed to the satisfaction of the instructing parties. Build a network within Ireland (and internationally) of regular buyers/ collectors
- Prepare exhibitions ahead of sales and their display
- Prepare jewellery advertisements/ press releases and any other promotional requirements
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.