Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London London, UK
Jewellery specialist required to join one of the country’s leading auction houses.
In this specialist role, you will be working within the busy London office. Holding close to 100 auctions a year, it is an exciting time to join this growing business.
- Valuing fine and costume jewellery
- Consigning for multiple jewellery auctions, including the flagship, fine jewellery sale.
- Taking an active role on viewing days
- Taking an active role on auction days
- Meeting and building relationships with vendors and buyers alike
Key skills for this role
- Experience valuing jewellery
- Confidence in dealing with clients
- Organisational skills
- Commercial awareness of the auction world
- Trend awareness within the retail sector
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Good teamworking skills
- Communication skills both internally and externally
- Keen numerical skills
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suites
To be successful in this role you will need to be FGA and DGA qualified, or equivalent.
Strong attention to detail is essential to the success of this role. As this role is in a fast-paced environment, you will need to have excellent communication skills and a can-do flexible attitude to working.
Competitive package based on experience.