Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London, UK
On behalf of our client , one of Mayfair’s most respected and knowledgeable jewellers, we are looking for an experienced Valuer and Assistant Buyer. Boasting a collection of immensely unique and spectacular pieces, the business specialises in Antique and Signed Vintage jewellery. Services include sales, repairs, valuations, bespoke designs, valuation and sales events.
The role requires a full time gemmologist with a number of years previous experience to join the close knit team. You will be a self-starter, charismatic and trust worthy with a passion for fine and period jewellery. This is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of a dynamic and expanding company.
In this role you will be responsible for all customer insurance valuations, gem testing, cataloguing our new stock in a timely manner, attending auction viewings and buying over the counter from trade and private customers. We are looking for a motivated and knowledgeable individual that enjoys working in a varied role while interacting with our clients on a daily basis. You will find that you quickly build strong relationships with clients who really value the expertise and service we provide.
- Providing customers with a seamless luxury experience
- Communicating in a discreet and professional manner with clients about their valuations
- Correctly assessing gemstones and jewellery for insurance valuations
- Demonstrate an in depth knowledge of gemstones and jewellery periods
- Manage valuation workload in a timely manner
- Greeting customers in person and over the phone with a courteous manner
- Advise private clients of their jewellery pieces and make offers with Director’s approval
- Correctly assessing and identifying gemstones and jewellery for buying activities
- Keep up to date with forthcoming auctions and identifying pieces to purchase in line with our buying needs
- Arranging and attending auction viewings, bidding on approved items
- Catalogue new stock items for our website in a timely manner
- Vigilant and security conscious with the jewellery at all times
- Impeccable appearance
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to build rapport and nurture relationships
- Highly organised and methodical
- Highly motivated and shows initiative Qualifications required:
- University degree
- FGA, DGA or GIA equivalent
- IRV qualified
- Industry experience with Antique jewellery
- Experience with using Microsoft Office
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role You will be given training in all aspects of the business.
Full time 9am-6pm,
Sunday-Thursday or from Tuesday to Saturday.