Due to continued growth and a dynamic expansion of the business an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Junior Cataloguer/ Trainee Specialist to join a small specialist auction house in the home counties.
Our client is a specialist auction house and consultancy dedicated to the foremost international Ceramic Art of the 20th and 21st century and internationally recognised as market leaders in the field. Each year they present a varied schedule of online and hybrid auctions, with two or more auctions a year exhibiting in central London. All auctions are conscientiously curated to offer works by a broad selection of ceramic artists. The focus is on bringing the highest level of expertise to auctions and consultancy services for an international client base of private collectors and institutions.
This is an essential permanent position working as part of a small and dedicated team based at the offices in the home counties. You will be providing excellent all-round support and operational services. This is a full-time position with occasional travel to meet clients and attend events. You will be supporting the Head of Sales as part of the Specialist team as well as working with the Founding Director.
Responsibilities will be for administrative duties relating to the auction and wider business operations, ensuring the smooth day to day running of the business as well as assisting with major auctions and events that are planned regularly throughout the year. You will assist with the planning and organisation of the auctions, as well as helping to run them in the London gallery during these weeks.
Ultimately, they are looking for someone with a fantastic attitude, great attention to detail and who will get stuck-in to any task.
The day to day role would include:
- Dealing with customers face to face, via phone and email.
- Managing client databases, creating and managing client leads.
- Managing incoming consignments, assist with labelling items for auction, sorting and assisting with cataloguing and pricing of lots for sale.
- Working with the photographer.
- Pre and Post Sale admin.
- Scheduling advertising and coordinating advertising artwork.
- Any other duties as required.
Training will be provided although the ideal candidate would preferably have previous experience in a similar role.
No experience of studio ceramics is required, but a genuine interest in the field would be necessary.
- Good industry and market knowledge base
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good level of IT skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritise appropriately
- Be able to work to deadlines
- Clean driving licence and own car
- Working for a market leading organisation
- Good potential for career progression
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Rural location