Contract Type: Full-time
Job Type: Permanent
Pay: £27,000 - £32,000
Location: London, UK
A contemporary Gallery based in Mayfair is looking for a Junior Registrar and Exhibitions Coordinator to join their team.
Previous experience with Fine Art Shipping in a gallery, shipping agent or museum is preferred.
- Ensuring artworks are being transport/shipped safely and cost effectively.
- Overseeing production where necessary of artworks, in terms of framing, printing, shipping.
- Having a good understanding of customs procedures, import taxes/duties and customs paperwork.
- Managing relationships and communicating with shippers, art handlers, suppliers, storage handlers, insurers, and customs officers.
- Ensuring that storage lists are circulated in a timely manner when works have been moved.
- Managing UK and international transportation including shipments between galleries, artist studios, suppliers, clients, art fairs.
- Advising Sales teams on shipping estimates and lead times.
- Managing internal and external installations, working with technicians, shipping agents and art handlers.
- Maintaining and managing inventory and database.
- Responsible for condition reports of artworks including reviewing, generating and uploading onto the database
- Overseeing loans and consignments
- Managing client deliveries – liaising directly with clients and sales consultants