We are seeking a full-time Lead Art Handler with expert customer service, art handling and transportation, and packaging skills to join our team of arts professionals in an Arts Organisation based in the USA.
- Exhibits a friendly and approachable demeanour with staff, clients, and vendors, acting as a positive ambassador for the organisation.
- Leads a team of Art Handlers to expertly handle, package, install and transport high-value artworks for important clients, all in accordance with museum standards.
- Ensures full and heightened quality control of jobs from start to finish, including (but not limited to) anticipating and maintaining proper materials, communicating details and status updates with Dispatch, checking that documents (BOLs, on-site condition reports, artwork checklists) are properly completed, and artwork returned to the warehouse is properly stored.
- Assists in the training (installation, driving, packing, etc.) of all new and advancing field art handlers.
- Rotates semi-annually as Lead on our LA shuttle.
- Keeps warehouse consistently clean, useable, and client-ready, bringing a proactive approach; administers reuse/recycling policies.
- Attends weekly department meetings and performs other related duties as required.
- BA in Visual Arts, Humanities, Art History or equivalent required; MA preferred.
- Proven experience in a museum, gallery or art shipping organization.
- Art transportation and shipping knowledge.
- Ability to drive a 16 – 24’ box truck; valid CA license.
- Experienced operating warehouse equipment (VRCs, forklifts, scissor lifts, and pallet jacks) a plus.
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve problems, ensuring projects stay on schedule.
- Demonstrated concern for detail, accuracy and precise execution of work; excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Works well independently and in a team; gracefully shifts between warehouse, client and office settings.
- Proficient with PC and Mac operating systems.